Life is too short to be anything other than yourself. Your voyage to accepting and loving everything that makes you tick will prove to be the most gratifying and rewarding experience of your life. Here are some of my favorite self-love quotes, I hope they’re as useful for you as they are for me.
- A mother who radiates self-love and self-acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self-esteem. – Naomi Wolf
2. No diet can substitute for the wisdom of your body. – Brooke Castillo
3. I’m excited about the aging process. I’m more interested in women who aren’t perfect. They’re more compelling. – Emma Watson
4. How much time have I wasted on diets and what I look like? Take your time and your talent and figure out what you have to contribute to this world. And get over what the hell your butt looks like in those jeans! – America Ferreira
5. Real beauty isn’t about symmetry or weight or makeup; it’s about looking life right in the face and seeing all its magnificence reflected in your own. – Valerie Monroe
7. If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.
– Fred Rogers
8. To all the girls that think you’re ugly because you’re not a size 0, you’re the beautiful one. It’s society who’s ugly. – Marilyn Monroe
9. WITHIN MY BODY ARE ALL THE SACRED PLACES OF THE WORLD, AND THE MOST PROFOUND PILGRIMAGE I CAN EVER MAKE IS WITHIN MY OWN BODY. – SARAHA
10.11. Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?”
– Brigham Young
12. You are not a mistake. You are not a problem to be solved. But you won’t discover this until you are willing to stop banging your head against the wall of shaming and caging and fearing yourself. – Geneen Roth
13. Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.
– Stacey Charter
14. Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.
– Helen Keller
16. You’re a human being, you live once, and life is wonderful, so eat the damn red velvet cupcake. – Emma Stone
17. The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”
– Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
18. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
19. There are days I drop words of comfort on myself like falling leaves and remember that it is enough to be taken care of by myself.”
– Brian Andreas