A Girl Boss Playlist for Super Motivation

I think it’s fair to say that some days we just need the perfect playlist to motivate us, am I right or what? Anyone who knows me knows that I play music all day to stay motivated and in a good mood. The musical vibes definitely help me to maintain my happy zen. These songs are some of my absolute favorite #GirlBoss songs, they give me an extra boost of confidence and hella inspiration. Most importantly, all of the songs are by women!

There are a variety of women included in this playlist, I have a little Pink, Cardi B, Jessie J, Shania Twain and of course Queen Bey herself!

Here are my top 6 favorite songs from my Girl Boss Playlist:

#1. “Run The World (Girls)!” by Beyoncé

Three words – Yoncé All Day. I love this freaking song! In case you forgot, we run every DAMN THING. This song is the ultimate “pick me up” for when you’re having a bad day, or you come across someone who has the nerve to tell you that you cannot accomplish something. Uh, excuse me? Girl Bye! Play this song in the background, and remember just how amazing you are. Who run this motha? GIRLS!

#2. “Spice up Your Life” by The Spice Girls

The Spice Girls have always been the bomb.com. They ruled the 90s and premiered hit after hit. This song, in particular, is always great when I need that extra little boost of energy.

#3. “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!” by Shania Twain

This is hands down the national Girl Boss Anthem. This song is a classic and filled with so much girl power! You should definitely feel empowered after listening to this one.

#4 “Bo$$” Fifth Harmony

“C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-T That’s me, I’m confident. Don’t want your compliments, use common sense. I’m on my Michelle Obama Ish.” Ha! This song oozes confidence and motivation. Mentioning Michelle Obama and encouraging women to work hard for what they want is amazing. That’s what we’re aiming for, isn’t it? Lets BOSS UP ladies!

#5 “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child

I’m obsessed with almost every Destiny’s Child song but this is one of my favorites from the amazing girl group, It never fails to keep me motivated. Despite the challenges and setbacks that you may face from time to time just remember that you can survive it and consider it a learning experience. Keep it pushing baby girl, you can do it!

#6 “Bodak Yellow” by Cardi B

There’s a reason why women lose their minds when this song comes on at a party. Every time I listen to this song I remember how poppin I am, don’t you?! This will forever be my jam. If you’re going to play this one at work, I suggest you turn the volume WAY down and find the clean version lol.

“And I just checked my accounts turns out I’m rich, I’m rich, I’m rich I put my hand above my hip I bet you dip, he dip, she dip (Rrrah!) Aye!

Playlist Time!

Check out these songs and much more by following the playlist I’ve created for you dolls on Spotify”

What are your motivational Girl Boss Songs?

xoxo,

Daé Daé

Share:

39 Comments

1. October 3, 2017 / 12:58 pm

You have some awesome song choices here. I am going to go download some of these.

• October 3, 2017 / 3:41 pm

Thanks! Yasss, I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

2. October 3, 2017 / 2:56 pm

There’s a few on here I’ve never heard of but thanks to the wonders of Spotify I can get myself some Girl Boss motivation!

• October 3, 2017 / 3:44 pm

Haha yes! Spotify is a lifesaver lol, I hope you enjoy the playlist – from one Girl Boss to another! 😉

3. October 3, 2017 / 4:04 pm

These are some great songs! I always listen to music to brighten my day )

• October 3, 2017 / 8:01 pm

I know right! Catch me on a weekend, music blasting candles lit just chillen. Great playlists always help the day go by quicker. 🙂

4. Jen Sky Walker
    October 3, 2017 / 5:09 pm

I love music, and an upbeat pro-female song really gets the day going off right! I actually randomly started singing lyrics from Man! I Feel Like a Woman to the hubby the other day and he didn’t recognize it. So much disappointment….

• October 3, 2017 / 8:03 pm

lmao men, they never know what’s going on. Pro-female songs always leave me feeling empowered or in a really good mood. The kids always look at me like I’m crazy when Beyonce blasts through the speakers lol. Women…we’re pretty awesome!

5. October 3, 2017 / 5:37 pm

I don’t know any other songs on this list except for Run the World by Beyonce. Love that song, it’s so upbeat and gets you all pumped up! Thanks for introducing the other songs to us too!

• October 3, 2017 / 8:06 pm

You’re so welcome! Thank you for taking the time to read and listen to the playlist. Beyoncé is everything – she’s ugh! LOVE HER. Run the world is an excellent way to get the day started lol. Please let me know how you feel about the other songs once you listen to them. The other female artists are pretty amazing as well 😉

6. October 3, 2017 / 6:12 pm

I love this sometimes you just need to rock out those tunes are really allow them to flow with you and connect with your inner girl boss.

• October 3, 2017 / 8:08 pm

I totally agree. I enjoy listening to male artists as well but there is something about those good ol girl power songs! Thanks for listening to the playlist and reading the post 😉

7. Amber
    October 3, 2017 / 7:15 pm

These are some good songs. Honestly, I have a ton of songs from the 80s and 90s on my playlist. Some even from the 60s. But I could handle a few of these.

• October 3, 2017 / 8:10 pm

Oh, nice! Which 80’s songs do you have on your playlist? I’m always looking to add new fun songs to my playlists. Do tell!

8. October 3, 2017 / 10:58 pm

Not a playlist person. I would rather read or have silence. I have heard of a few of these songs/artist and what I do know of them I like.

• October 3, 2017 / 11:40 pm

I get that, quiet can be comforting sometimes. I’m glad you enjoyed the songs tho 🙂

9. October 4, 2017 / 12:51 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE this playlist. It is everything. I am copying it RIGHT NOW!

• October 4, 2017 / 2:03 am

Woo! Yes girl enjoy! I’m so glad you like it ☺️☺️

10. October 4, 2017 / 1:46 am

Beyonce def a great #1 choice! I do like some Pink, Gwen and Fergie too! I appreciate you planting some of these oldies but goodies in my head for the night.

• October 4, 2017 / 2:02 am

Yes I love me some Yoncé lol. I should have added Gwen I can’t believe I forgot her 🤦🏾‍♀️. Deff going to throw in a few of her classics! I’m glad you enjoyed the playlist though! 😉

11. Andrea
    October 4, 2017 / 2:41 am

LOVE this playlist. I totally love the Beyonce in here, Pink and I also like that you have Destiny Childs. Great one for working out.

• October 4, 2017 / 1:06 pm

Yay! I’m glad you like it! Omg, whenever I work out I have to listen to “Don’t Hurt Yourself” & “Ring the Alarm” – Beyoncé. I don’t know what it is about those songs but when I’m on the treadmill and those come on I start running like crazy lol. Destiny’s Child is hands down one of the best Girl Groups ever, had to include them in this playlist lol

12. October 4, 2017 / 3:36 am

That’s so funny. Only a couple of weeks ago I created a playlist called “angry girls”, featuring Pink and others. 🙂 I love listening to it. The playlist totally motivates me. In fact, listening to it right now. I also have Garbage and Alanis Morisette on my list. Will add some of your songs, too.

• October 4, 2017 / 1:09 pm

Angry girls lol I see why you included Pink in that one. Is it on Spotify? I would love to hear it. I’ve actually never listened to Garbage or Alanis Morisette, but I’m definitely open to it!

PS. I’m glad you enjoyed the playlist! Thanks for listening/reading 😉

13. Kim
    October 4, 2017 / 11:41 am

That’s an awesome playlist!! I love putting on inspiring music like this while I work.

• October 4, 2017 / 1:10 pm

Thanks, girl! My co-worker and I always have jam sessions in the morning lol
      Music definitely helps the day go by faster and eases stress – which is a Godsend. I’m glad you liked the playlist babe!

14. Vy Nguyen
    October 4, 2017 / 2:38 pm

I love listening to music. It’s girls’ generation. Thanks for sharing the playlist

• October 6, 2017 / 12:41 pm

Yes girl, it most certainly is a girl’s generation! Thank you for taking the time to read/listen to the post/playlist!

PS. I’m glad you enjoyed it – I’ll probably make another one soon.

15. October 5, 2017 / 12:21 am

These are some lovely choice of playlist… I gonna download all of em 😀

• October 6, 2017 / 12:42 pm

lol yaassssss! I should make another one, one of these days. I’m glad you enjoyed it, babe 🙂

16. October 5, 2017 / 12:26 pm

I am a sucker for good music and always have a playlist going both at work and home it definitely motivates me too. Love your playlist

• October 6, 2017 / 12:44 pm

You and me both lol a good playlist can do wonders. Glad you enjoyed the music 🙂 Thank you for reading/listening!

17. Krystle Cook
    October 5, 2017 / 4:36 pm

I seriously listen to music half the time that I am working. This playlist is getting saved and listened to soon for sure.

18. October 6, 2017 / 2:53 am

I like your playlist, and so on point! Mine is with addition of Katy Perry 🙂

• October 6, 2017 / 12:45 pm

Thanks, Blair! I totally forgot about Katy…lawd. I would love to listen to your playlist. Is it on Spotify?

19. Cristina Leau
    October 6, 2017 / 5:40 am

Nice playlist. I’m looking for some new songs to listen myself, got bored old the same old same I keep on listening. I will download your playlist and put in on my phone.

• October 6, 2017 / 12:47 pm

Thanks, Cristina 🙂 Yeah, I know the feeling (recycling songs). I’ll make another playlist one of these days and share that one. I’m glad you liked this one though lol. Enjoy!

20. October 12, 2017 / 2:48 pm

Your playlist totally rocks and I must say I haven’t heard some of them, though I’ll definitely check them out. It’s nice to have new playlists once in a while.

• November 4, 2017 / 4:05 pm

Thanks, Angela 😉 I’m glad you enjoyed the list love! I plan on making a few more, be sure to check out the posts! Thanks for reading 🙂 I’ll check out your page as well!